Beekeeping for Beginners Course 2022
Update: The course is fully subscribed for 2022. Thank you so much for your interest!
Learn everything you need to know to start beekeeping with this comprehensive online course delivered by highly experienced beekeepers.
Out of stock
If you’ve ever dreamed of being a beekeeper, or simply want to know more about these fascinating insects, then this is the course for you! Learn everything you need to know to start beekeeping with this comprehensive online course delivered by highly experienced beekeepers.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the course will be held online via Zoom video sessions. If HSE guidelines allow, we also hope to provide hands-on practical sessions at our apiaries in West Cork.
The course will be held over 4 Monday evenings (from 7.30pm to 9pm), beginning on March 7th 2022.
- Eight live lectures and Q&A sessions from highly experienced beekeepers
- A copy of the world’s bestselling bee book, Ted Hooper’s A Guide to Bees & Honey
- FIBKA logbook and certificate in preliminary beekeeping proficiency
- A year’s membership of Fastnet Area Beekeepers Association, which includes:
- Monthly lectures (Covid permitting in person or otherwise via Zoom)
- A year’s subscription to FIBKA’s monthly An Beachaire magazine
- Third-Party Insurance via the FIBKA scheme
- Hands-on demonstrations in our apiary
- Access to association equipment, e.g. honey extractor
- Being part of a network of like-minded enthusiasts
- Affiliation with FIBKA, the Federation of Irish Beekeepers Associations
- Webinars and Lectures
- Access to library
- A unified voice in all aspects of beekeeping
Week 1: 7th March
- Beekeeping and what it entails
- Workings of a bee colony
Week 2: 14th March
- Pollen and nectar sources
- Beekeeping equipment
Week 3: 21st March
- Controlling bees and working for honey
- Harvesting honey
Week 4: 28th March
- Keeping bees healthy and solving problems
- Where to from here
Note: we require your postal address when you register for the course, as we need this to send you your copy of Hooper’s Guide to Bees & Honey, as well as your monthly copy of An Beachaire magazine.
You can also pay by direct debit to our bank account (BIC: AIBKIE2D and IBAN: IE62 AIBK 9363 7516 0540 27), but please include your name on any transfer and contact us to let us know.
If you have any questions at all, please get in touch. Happy beekeeping!
Fastnet Area Beekeepers Association is completely non-profit and everyone involved works on a voluntary basis. Any money raised from fees goes right back into the association to fund group equipment, the association apiary, speaker fees, workshops and the like.