Beekeeping for Beginners Course 2021
Update: We’re now at maximum capacity for this year’s course, but please do get in touch if you’re in West Cork and interested in joining the association.
Learn everything you need to know to start beekeeping with this comprehensive, eight-week online course delivered by highly experienced beekeepers.
Out of stock
If you’ve ever dreamed of being a beekeeper, or simply want to know more about these fascinating insects, then this is the course for you! Learn everything you need to know to start beekeeping with this comprehensive, eight-week online course delivered by highly experienced beekeepers.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the course will be held online via Zoom video sessions. If HSE guidelines allow, we also hope to provide hands-on practical sessions at our apiaries in West Cork in the spring.
The course will be held over 8 Wednesday evenings (from 7.30pm to 9pm), beginning on February 17th 2021.
- Eight live lectures and Q&A sessions from highly experienced beekeepers
- A copy of the world’s bestselling bee book, Ted Hooper’s Guide to Bees & Honey
- A year’s membership of Fastnet Area Beekeepers Association with all associated benefits
- A year’s subscription to FIBKA’s monthly An Beachaire magazine
- Third Party Insurance via the FIBKA scheme
- Beekeeping and what it entails
- Workings of a bee colony
- Pollen and nectar sources
- Beekeeping equipment
- Controlling bees and working for honey
- Harvesting honey
- Keeping bees healthy and solving problems
- Where to from here
Note: we require your postal address when you register for the course, as we need this to send you your copy of Hooper’s Guide to Bees & Honey, as well as your monthly copy of An Beachaire magazine.
You can also pay by direct debit to our bank account (BIC: AIBKIE2D and IBAN: IE62 AIBK 9363 7516 0540 27), but please include your name on any transfer and contact us to let us know.
If you have any questions at all, please get in touch. Happy beekeeping!